Mumbai CST connect breakdown HIGHLIGHTS: 6 dead; FIR documented against concerned Central Railway and BMC authorities
Mumbai: In a terrible episode, an area of a foot-over scaffold near Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus in south Mumbai collapsed on Thursday evening, leaving no less than six people dead. Thirty-six individuals have gotten wounds, according to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
The occurrence occurred near The Times of India building and the Anjuman Islam College at around 7:35 pm.
As per the Mumbai Police, the bridge connected Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus railroad station Platform 1 north end with BT Lane. The injured have been moved to St George Hospital, Gokuldas Tejpal Hospital and Bombay Hospital in Mumbai.
The occurrence occurred around 7.35 pm when a noteworthy bit of the scaffold folded in. As per a catastrophe the board cell official, a few drivers who were going underneath the extension at the season of the episode were among those harmed.
Scaffold breakdown in Mumbai today: Highlights
* A FIR has been enlisted against concerned authorities of Central Railway and BMC officials at the Azad Maidan Police Station under area 304A (Causing passing by carelessness) of the Indian Penal Code.
* Mumbai Police has said it will enlist a case following the episode close CSMT railroad station.
* The NDRF group was pulled back from the mishap spot at 10.34 pm after the finishing of the salvage task.
* Remaining piece of the extension is being pulverized at this point.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi, on Facebook, says that he was profoundly disheartened by the Mumbai foot over scaffold mishap today. He further appeals to God for the speedy recuperation of the individuals who continued wounds in the occurrence.
* Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis reports Rs 5 lakh pay to the family of the perished and Rs 50,000 to the individuals who endured wounds. “This is a grave occurrence,” includes Fadnavis.
* Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, conversing with correspondents, says the scaffold which crumbled today was made in 1980. An auxiliary review was done a year ago, said the CM, adding that it was found to be fit. “A minor review was required. Despite this, today this mishap occurred. That means, there must be some blunder in the auxiliary review. We are framing a powerful board of trustees.”
* PM Narendra Modi has communicated anguish over the Mumbai connect occurrence. “Profoundly anguished by the loss of lives because of the foot overbridge mishap in Mumbai. My musings are with deprived families. Longing that the harmed recoup at the soonest. The Maharashtra Government is giving all conceivable help to those influenced,” the PM tweeted.
* Out of six losses, three are ladies – 35-year-old Apoorva Prabhu, 40-year-old Ranjana Tambe, and 35-year-old Sarika Kulkarni. The other three are 32-year-old Zahid Shiraj Khan, 55-year-old Mohan G Kaygunde and 35-year-old Tapendra Singh.
* The number of harmed has expanded to 36, incorporating two with basic wounds.
* according to the Mumbai Police, traffic has been redirected to Mahanagar Palika street towards Metro intersection because of the foot overextension breakdown close Anjuman school.
* BJP MLA Raj Purohit portrays the occurrence as “shocking” and included that it ought not to have occurred. “A move ought to be made against the designer who offered the certificate to this extension in evaluating, he ought to be captured. He ought to be rebuffed.”
* Former MP and senior Congress pioneer Milind Deora touches base at the mishap spot, looks for FIR under Section 302 in the Indian Penal Code against the BMC.
* Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis tweets: “Tormented to find out about the FOB occurrence close TOI working in Mumbai.
Addressed BMC Commissioner and @MumbaiPolice authorities and educated to guarantee fast aid projects in a joint effort with @RailMinIndia authorities.”
* Maharashtra Education Minister Vinod Tawde touches base at the spot and converses with the media. “A piece of the scaffold had crumpled. Railroads and the BMC will lead an investigation into its support. The bridge was not in a terrible condition, it required minor fixes for which work was in progress. For what reason was it not shut until the work was finished, it will likewise be examined. The state will accommodate the treatment of the injured…We will give the further refresh to you as and when we get data,” said Tawde.
* according to an observer, the loss of life was contained because when the scaffold fell, there was a red light at the adjacent flag. Another observer said that the overbridge was being utilized in spite of fixes being completed today.
* The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) tweets: “Supplications with the casualties of #MumbaiBridgeCollapse. How a lot more occasions will the normal man of Mumbai will be pulverized under such wreckages?”
* The Ministry of Railways, in an announcement, said that the scaffold was overseen by the BMC. “Notwithstanding, we are expanding all our support to the people in question. Railroad specialists and workforce are collaborating with the BMC in the alleviation and salvage activities.”
* The dead incorporate two ladies – 35-year-old Apoorva Prabhu and 40-year-old Ranjana Tambe. The other setback has been recognized as 32-year-old Zahid Siraj Khan.
* According to news agency PTI, the scaffold which fallen before today was generally known as ‘Kasab connect’ after the 26/11 Mumbai assault fear based oppressor went through it amid the dread assaults.
* All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MLA Waris Pathan from Mumbai hit out at the Narendra Modi government, saying it has Rs 6,000 crore assets to build the statue of Sardar Patel yet no cash for the hoi polloi. The buck stops with the Center, included Pathan.
* according to the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), 10-12 people are accepted to be caught under the trash. An NDRF group from Regional Response Center (RRC) in Andheri has been hurried to the spot.
* Faye D’Souza, the official editorial manager of Mirror Now, in the interim, tweeted that the extension was overseen by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and was “fixed and patched up” in 2016. She included that the scaffold is just 500 meters from the BMC HQ.
* In the wake of the episode, traffic in the whole territory has been influenced. Workers are being asked to maintain a strategic distance from the DN street to JJ flyover area and utilize interchange routes. Senior Mumbai cops are on the spot. Rescue activities are in progress.
Mamata Banerjee Takes Oath As Bengal Chief Minister For 3rd Time
Mamata Banerjee Takes Oath As Bengal Chief Minister For 3rd Time The oath taking ceremonyRead More
TMC Tight-lipped on Prospect of Mamata Sharing Dais with PM Modi at Kolkata Function Amid CAA Protests
Prime Minister Modi will be on a two-day visit to Kolkata from January 11 and is scheduled to attend 150th anniversary function of Kolkata Port Trust (KOPT) on January 12, among many other scheduled programmes.